Our sport is facing unprecedented and unique challenges during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our first concern for our dragon boat communities, during this crisis, is for the health and safety of all athletes, coaches and support staff.
Our DBC Crisis Intervention Group is preparing guidelines for a Risk Management tool for teams to follow as we paddle through these murky waters allowing us to safely return to the water. In accordance with federal and provincial direction and guidance we will work to address our unique sport needs as quickly as possible. Given the inability to predict future COVID impacts, we can anticipate that these plans are subject to change. We understand this creates additional challenges for our sport; we will continue to provide updates.
We encourage our members to remain informed through regular updates from health authorities and other governing agencies within their jurisdiction.
Find all the latest news and resources regarding Dragon Boat Canada and COVID-19 below.
- Government of Canada
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Canadian Sport Institute Pacific
- Canadian Sport Institute Ontario
- Sport Law and Strategy Group – Managing your sport organization in the COVID-19 environment
- Ottawa Public Health – Self-Isolation Instructions for COVID-19
For questions or concerns, contact DBC Executive Director, Chloe Greenhalgh.